2017 is currently on its way and if you want to be a successful online marketer you want to follow all the newest trends.
In this post we will discuss about some take ways to be always on top of your marketing in 2017.
Number 1: Videos
Videos are now about to hit the peak. If you have not already put yourself in front of the camera then now is the perfect time to do it.
“Facebook and YouTube are on the top.”
Right now, video is hot and is standing out in the Facebook News Feed. But that won’t always be the way. As the competition is getting tougher it will be harder to get noticed.
The soon you start, the better for you.
- 83 percent of marketers said that they’d like to create more video content if they had more time and more resources.
- 30 percent also are looking to spend more time on Facebook video in 2017, with 28 percent looking to add YouTube to their marketing plan.
Facebook video came out top of the pile, with 30% of respondents saying, closely followed by YouTube (28%), Instagram (26%), and Snapchat (22%).
So get behind the camera and start creating video content for your audience while is still on its peak.
Number 2: Facebook and Facebook ads are still on the top.
They say Facebook is dying but the reports of the bufferapp.com showed that:
- 93% of marketers use Facebook for their business and
- 91% also using Facebook ads.
Despite the drop in organic reach on Facebook, 72% of respondents said their use of Facebook has stayed the same or increased over the past 12 months.
So use Facebook either for free marketing and/or either put some money on advertisements.
With the huge potential audience you can rock it.
Number 3: 73% they are yet to use Facebook Live for video content.
Despite the excitement around live video during 2016, the majority of marketers have yet to begin experimenting with live video content.
Only 27 percent said that they use the live feature.
This number can be increased in the short-future so be aware.
2017 will be the year when it fully takes off, utilized by more individuals than ever.
Number 4: Snapchat and Instagram stories
Snapchat and Instagram stories seem to brought excitement to the marketers but despite the fact
- 73 percent are yet to create stories on either platform.
- 10 percent have used both,
- 16 percent have used Instagram only
- 2 percent have used Snapchat only.
While the competition is still on the low levels it’s a great idea to start creating stories both on Instagram and Snapchat.
Number 5: Mobile Era
68% of US adults now own and use a smartphone every day.
The growing importance of mobile marketing and apps is shown by these stats (Source: Smart Insights Mobile Marketing Trends statistics compilation):
- More than 50% of searches are on mobile
- 91% of Facebook usage (Daily Active users) is on mobile
- 80% of Facebook advertising revenue is on mobile
- 90% of mobile media time is spent in apps
What’s that mean for marketers and 2017 planning and budgets? That they need to be prepared to produce and distribute content to fit the format of smartphones and any possible new gadgets.
Those are the top 5 trends of 2017. If you want 2017 to be a “rocking” year for you, be sure to keep up with the trends and be consistent.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have something to add or something to say!